Community Health Scholars Program
The Community Health Scholars Program is not currently accepting applications. Please check back next summer to apply, or join our mailing list to receive updates directly to you inbox!
What is the Community Health Scholars Program (CHSP)?
- The CHSP is a FREE program that will prepare you to get deeply involved with your community's health through research.
- The CHSP will give learners the knowledge and skills to influence community-based research in roles such as advisory board members, consultants, and research personnel.
- Research is important in shaping healthcare experiences and innovations and is missing YOUR perspective as a metro-Detroit resident.
What will you learn?
- Different roles and responsibilities in health research
- Protection of people & communities in research
- Data collection strategies
- Skills for leading focus groups
- The science of health promotion programs and interventions, and MORE!
As a community health scholar you will...
- Attend 9 weekly, 2-hour virtual classes starting in July 2023
- Complete homework assignments and assessments
- Get hands-on experience with research through existing health promotion projects
- Become certified in research ethics and human subjects protections
- Receive a certificate of completion
You may be eligible to receive a stipend for participation.
Seeking applicants who are...
- 21 years of age or older
- Reside or work in metro-Detroit Community residents OR
- Staff of community-based organizations
- A formal research or healthcare background is NOT required
- Applicants with formal community health worker training or certification are encouraged!
For more information, contact CHECKUP@WAYNE.EDU